Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why Storage

The number of reasons people get storage is as numerous as the number of people who have storage.  The real question is after 20 years why am I in storage.  Of all the things that I could have gone into, all the different carrear choices How I ended up in storage is a great mystery.  How about why people do the things they do in and with there storage. My name is Bob I started in storage 20 years ago doing maintenance in Southern California.  I have been managing storage for 10 years and I now work in Oklahoma

In the last twenty years I have seen many strange and stupid things from people renting space and not using it for six months to finding a three week old dead body.  Storage can be very strange. 

Today I sent a nice letter to a customer informing them that they are locked out of their space for bouncing a check on me. Ok not a big earth shattering day but damn people can't you balance your check book. Ok, it would not be such a bad thing except it was check number three.  I know, don't yell at me. what am I accepting a third check from someone who has bounced two checks on me.  I don't care if you say she had a good story that she told real well, or I was just looking for the good in others, after 20 years I should know better.  Well it's back to the basics for this tenant, cash only and locked out until that cash is in hand.
By the way When I thought about how stupid it was for me to take that check I snorted very loud which started my wife laughing and made me realize what a real big bone head move it was. Well at least my honey got a real good chuckle out of it.  
I wonder what story I will get from my tenant when they get the mail?  Maybe I will snort for them as well.

Lesson for today is don't bounce checks on your storage.  It makes for cranky managers and cost you an extra $35 in fees.

Alright my first post is down and I survived it.  If I can keep this going maybe I will tell the story of the first dead body.

No comments:

Post a Comment