Friday, April 13, 2012

Wild Weather in Oklahoma Tonight

Some things that happen in storage happen because you choose for it to happen. Then there is Friday the 13th. The weathermen have been calling for severe weather all week and today it arrived. Hail and tornados happening all around the state and I do not have a garage or carport to protect my vehicles. But I do have 10 X 20 units available and that is a great size to park a car. As the storms came closer I realized I was not going to come close to getting my errands done for the day, so I headed back to the office to tuck my car away and do some paperwork. As I was driving back to the 200SQFT units I notice My 20 year olds car and decide to find a space to tuck it in for the night. So I called him at work and asked where the key was and took care of it. 5 minutes later he calls me and ask if we have room for three more cars, that would be for his girlfriend, her mom, and her sisters boy friend. Now this got me to think soI started calling some of the businesses in the neighborhood.

Me - “So are you guys closing up or ridding out the storm?”

Them - “We will stick it out, the storms will be hit and miss.”

Me - “I have some empty space you can park your car in for the afternoon.”

Them - “No I don’t think it will be that bad.”

Me - “Gary England said it could be up to softball size hail.”

Them - “We'll be right over with three cars.”

Me - “See you in a few.”

When Gary England speaks people listen!





I ended up with 9 weather guest for the afternoon. I also ended up with several new friends from the surrounding businesses.

1 comment:

  1. the thing about the weather in Oklahoma is if you don't like it, wait 2 hours, it will change

    ReplyDelete