Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Story of Bonnie and Clyde


I have told you the story of the Three Stooges, now is the time to hear about Bonnie and Clyde.   It all started with a phone call from my team at Access.  It sort of went like this.  “Hey Bob, we got the half-sister of one of our tenants wanting to rent a parking place for a tractor, for 30 days.  This tenant is also on the auction list and has been unable to locate.”   So I think out loud. “Let’s see I am going to let a three or four ton Tractor onto the property for a short term lease.  What are the chances that the locked out space will mysteriously become a cleared out space”.  My final answer is “Not just no, but hell no.”

So an hour later I get a call “We have a problem there is a tractor stuck on the property”.  Now I truly thought we had already dealt with tractors today So I ask is this the same tractor or a new on?”  Unfortunately it is the same one.

This is what I see when I got to the office at Access.



The story of what happened goes like this.  Bonnie and Clyde are driving down Cemetery Rd illegally towing a tractor with this wonderfully purple van, when they spot a cop.  So they duck into the car wash. They find out once they get to the back that they are too tall to fit. When they try to back up they get the tractor messed up on the trailer and they are stuck.  So while I am laughing at this sight I notice they are using a Budget car-carrier.  Now I know a little about rental equipment and as I am catching my breath I explain to my team that Budget does not rent their dollies to anyone except with a truck rental.  U-Haul is the only company the rents trailers by themselves.  So we call the nearest Budget dealer  and ask if they would like to come and check this out.  15 to 20 minutes later when area manager for Budget is in our office.  As far as he can tell this trailer is supposed to be in New Mexico sitting on a lot.

He goes out and talks to Bonnie and she tells him that this trailer belongs to her and he needs to leave them alone they are already in “civil litigation” with Budget and he does not want to get messed up with that. He simply says that he will have a tow truck here to retrieve the dolly and he will call the police to witness the collection. With this news Clyde goes into overdrive to get this tractor out of there, he starts pushing the limits of this incredibly white trash van. By the time he is done the drive tire is shredded, the tractor has fallen off the trailer smashing the crap out of it, and basically turning a bad situation worse.  



So what does a good and trustworthy Clyde do when the chips are down and the police are on the way?





You drop the trailer and run …. And leave Bonnie sitting in the dust.  That’s right he leaves his girlfriend and takes off.  She sticks her head in the office to tell us that they are going to get the paperwork for the car carrier and when she turns around he is gone. If these two idiots had not just made a wreak of four other peoples day, not counting the family, friends and coworkers that were affected buy our tardiness on the day, I might have had some sympathy.  No I just took more pictures.



The police did show up but found that the tractor was actually not stolen….crap….  I really thought it was going to be stolen, but Bonnie did not have any outstanding warrants out on her….crap… I really thought she was going to have outstanding warrants on her.   I still believe with the quick departure of Clyde that he does have a warrant or to on him.
Well the end of the story is this: Budget got back a trailer that was rightfully theirs, Bonnie and Clyde lived to fight another day, I got a bunch of photos to make a blog post with, John and Michel got first hand proof that my stories about storage are not made up and take no embellishing and sometime later the next day, Clyde came back and with a chain pulled the tractor off our property.
The morel of this story is this; when towing a tractor twice the size of your white trash van, make sure to pack a parachute.  You never know when you’re going to need to bail. The real Bonnie and Clyde were real scary and dangerous criminals, these two were just scary and sad. 

P.S.  The last I saw of Bonnie she was walking down the street.  I was over 100 degrees and her man had thrown her under the bus. My harden heart did feel some sadness and pitty.  I hope she finds some truth in this situation and start making better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment