Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A busy day


Sometimes even good people make me shake my head.  It was last Sunday and I was trying to get a lot of things done in a short amount of time.  After church I needed to to do three things; one, pick up my son from the Boy Scouts,  meet the new employee at Access to give him keys  and directions and finely get to my parents’ house to meet my wife for lunch.  At 12:30 I hit the house and dug up the keys for Andrew. By 12:30 I was at Access getting ready for Andrew.  At 12:45 I receive a call from Joshua that he is about 20 minute away from the pickup point. 1:00 Andrew shows up to work and I give him the run down on what to do on a Sunday. 1:15 I arrive at the pickup to get Joshua (he has been camping all weekend and the odor is quite interesting).  At 1:20 we are back at Guardian so Josh can have a quick shower then off to my parents.  This is when I see this.



The hand rail to the office door is knocked apart. Notice the scratch marks on the cement.  They go out about half way accross the walk path after the pipe was broken from the ground.  This was a powerful hit  Interesting fact about this is the bushes that the rail is up against, was not hit which leaves a very narrow target.   The cameras once again were on the fritz at the time of the hit and run and we never got a shot of the car, but we could see the rail get moved in one angle.  At 1:13 the rail jumps then 7 minutes later I pulled up.  No note, no tape, no nothing.  Monday afternoon (after Linda has made a police report) a customer calls and confesses to the accident.  Well at least we know where to send the bill. 
Now what did I do, simple. I took this picture, let Josh get cleaned up, when to my parents, eat a fine luch..... oh yes told Linda about "her" handrail over coffee and dessert.  Timming is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment