Friday, August 9, 2013

It's Back And We Are So Happy.


We have found a home and that means the shop comes out of storage, Yeah!!! Four months and one week is way too long to be without your power tools. In fact I believe Linda has had a case of withdraws. That’s right my wife is just as much into the wood shop as I am. Boy did I marry well.  I do make jokes a lot but when it comes to my wife she is the love of my life, mother of my boys, and the one who tries to keep all my fingers attached to the rest of me.

So a week ago we finally move into a house here in Yukon, the best part of it was I was training Cub Scout Leaders so I was not in town. Linda gets a crew of friends and indentured servants (that would be Joshua) and they got the job done. The fact that they did get done not only surprises me but filled me with pride. You see our 350 Sqft of storage includes 100 Sqft of lumber. Hard woods, soft woods, Plywood, and planks are just the start. I have had to move this 4 times already in my life and each time it is a butt kicker. When I got home all the tools and all the wood was in the garage. Wow! The only problem is that it needed to be organized before anything was getting built.
 
Where could I find an Organizer to help with that?  Oh yeah, that would be us!

So today is the end of our first week here and we need a kitchen table. No problem, I can knock out a table in a day… except… the room needs organized first. So by three in the afternoon I actually got started on the legs, and that is as far as I got

Don’t panic! A lot of good things got done today. First we went to the Chamber coffee this morning and represented LRDezine with pride.
 
 We turned in our rental agreement so we won’t be squatters here. We went to Lowes and picked up a pocket hole jig (that also means we had to learn how to use it.  I so hate instructions). Luckily the jig came with a DVD. How did I ever live without one. 

So as this day runs out of gas, I will call it quits till the a.m.  Tomorrow I will try to finish the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment