Saturday, April 13, 2013

A week of Scouting


Last Tuesday Linda, Joshua and I went to Edmond, Ok to participate in the Troop 79 Court of Honor. The reason is that 18 months ago I participated in an adult training program called Woodbadge .  Woodbadge is an 8 day training seminar that is some of the most intense training I have ever taken in civilian life.  After the training you are given the rest of your time to accomplish 5 Tickets. A ticket is a project you must complete to qualify as fully trained. After all five tickets are complete then you receive your final award which is called a beading. (It is called a beading because that is exactly what they give you is two wooden beads on a strap of leather.) That is the quick rundown on Woodbadge.
 

So Tuesday I was awarded my beads with three other members of my Woodbadge patrol (the Owls) and two other Woodbadgers from other patrols.  It was a special night with Linda and Joshua helping in the ceremony.
This is a picute of Jim Martin, Rebecca Koss, and myself. Rebbecca was my Patroll Guide and Jim was the Course Director
 

Later that week Linda and I had the honor of participating in the district Cuboree as the King and Queen of their medieval themed weekend.
 
Danielle Cox put on a great adventure for our younger Scouts and it was great to play a small roll.

 
  We will be awaiting the next call.

No comments:

Post a Comment