Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I will never play quarter slots again!

Today I had a special treat. I spent a large part of the day at Access Storage taking inventory of the car wash. Wash bays check, vacuums check, auto wash check, jobs done. Unfortunately that’s not what they meant. If you think about it what does a car was have the most of? Quarters. Every machine accepts quarters, or gives quarters. So there are a bunch of quarters to count. 11 am to 4 pm I spent counting, categorizing, or re-cording quarters. I met John at Access at 11 am and I think I actually said this should not take to long. I am thankful that John was there or I would still be counting. By the time we were through our hands were blackened and probably quite toxic. I really don’t want to go into totals because I want to be able to sleep tonight. Lets just say we counted thousands of quarters.



I wanted to say that I will not be blogging about my upcoming auction. Some how the computer did not send out the final lien notices when it should have. This is the certified letter that has to go out on time.  Not a real hard fix the new program did not have the right switches set. So what does the manager of a self storage facility do when the paperwork gets messed up.? Simple, set a new date and restart the process. Never take the chance on your auctions it is better to start again then to put about a questionable auction. I will let you know when the new date is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment