Monday, September 24, 2012

Blog From The Road


We have left the comfy village of Yukon and have hit the road for the land of sunshine and sharks.  I am speaking of the United States’ left coast, California! What brings us on such a long road trip? The latest installment of grandbabies. 

We have left the store in the capable hands of John, Brad, Andrew, and Debbie. I hope to have some fun stories when we get back from them.

Our first night on the road took us through the panhandle of Texas and to the home of the 72oz steak. The Big Texan Steak House has been a fixture of interstate 40 for as long as I can remember yet this was the first time I ever stopped and ate there.
 
It was crowded noisy and fun… and only slightly expensive. We did watch one very large individual eat the 72oz Steak meal with under a minute left. I just can’t imagine trying to stuff Steak, potato, salad, roll and shrimp cocktail down my gullet.  The record holder did it all in under 9 minutes…

Time to get back to the license plate game with the rest of my travelling buddies. 4 hours till we reach our next bench mark, the In-N-Out in Kingman Az.

No comments:

Post a Comment